Saturday 24 October 2009

Addicted to hookin...my latest work

Sorry I've not been blogging so much I've been hookin up some crochet stuff and I just could tear myself away from it!! I've made some lovely things (blowing own trumpet!!) for friends and family and I little something for my home. I've dusted the camera off and taken some photos to show you. I hope you like them.
The beanie with visor was been made with stylecraft sassy chunky wool in red, that I bought from a local wool shop for £6 for 10 balls (quite a bargain). I got the pattern from Vallieskids. Its a great pattern. I've made this twice, originally with a 6 mm hook (right picture) but on reflection it was too big for a child's hat, so I dug out the 5 mm hook and started again. The result is the hat on the left which has turned out splendid. I hope my friend likes this. I made her some armie fingerless gloves too but I've forgotten to take the picture. Happy Birthday petal, hugs and kisses going your way :D

I've been surfing the pages of Ravelry for a little while now and I found a great pattern for my lovely step mum for Christmas. I got hookin straight away with some Rowan Aran with wool 400. Again another bargain buy, I found it in a charity shop for 99p!! I just had to have it and its made the most wonderful shawl.
Here is my little boy once again modelling for me.
This took me a week to make and the only complicated part was the edging at the end but after a bit of hooking and working out I finally figure it out and finished it. I can't wait to give this to her at Christmas, she's going to love it!
Now something for the home.
I want to make a basket for the bathroom so I used a Halloween pattern for a candy basket and changed the colours to suit my own needs. I used about 50g each of green and blue double knit wool and it now resides in the bathroom to hold the toilet rolls and magazines. Before that area was a cluttered place and needed a basket to make it look right. Now when family and friends use the room they can read a magazine too :D

1 comment:

Unique2wh0 said...

Very nice Jelibe!! You have been quite busy :)