Thursday 1 October 2009

Tunisian Crochet Cowl



I made this for my friends birthday and presented it to here yesterday. I think she likes it (she looked like she did anyway :))
This is of my own design and the first thing I've made using this technique. I like the way its turned out and is very snuggley to wear. This should keep her very warm when she's out and about!
I made this with one 100g ball of dk yarn in brown and a size 5mm hook. I decreased towards the end to give a slanted/ pointed end and finished it off with 3 large wooden buttons that I purchased at my local market.
I started off with 35 loops (different to crochet or knit) and went from there.
If you would like to know more I suggested visiting The art of Crochet Teressa's videos are the best by far! She taught me to crochet (through these vids) and now this technique.
If your thinking that this is WAY to hard and you can't possibly do this! Your WRONG!! Crochet is really easy and the best way is watching her vids!! Go on!!! Give it a go!! Whats the worst that could happen!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I just loved this cowl. Amazing!!!

I'm thinking about doing that with crochet hook. Sorry about my english. i'm brazilian and speak portuguese.

Take care.