Monday 18 January 2010

Web of Winter Hat

Here is a new hat I've made for myself. Its toasty warm and quite stylist to boot. So many times I've made things for others that look great on me, then I go and make something for myself and I look like a bag of crap! Well not this time :D

Credit goes to Natalie Thouret over at Token's Hooky Love for such a great pattern.
It's not obvious in the picture but I used two colours for this. The pattern called for chunky yarn but I didn't have enough in my stash, so I used a green aran yarn (Robin 400) that I had left over from a shawl I'd make for my smum for Christmas and a light blue double knit yarn (stylecraft special). The pattern also calls for 6.5 and 5.5mm hooks but I didn't have a 6.5mm hook at the time, so I used a 7mm which worked just as well.
I've had a few great comments from people when I've been shopping wondering where I got it from. I was proud to tell them that I made it from my fair hands and it cost me a bean to make :D My partner has said I should make some more and sell them on ebay or something but I still don't think I'm ready to sell my wears. Maybe when I start making my own patterns :D

No comments: