Friday 14 May 2010

knitting in the round

I've not long been knitting, but something I've always wanted to do is knit a pair of socks. How hard can it be? I mean, crocheting socks is easy as pie!

I've got 4 dpns in a size 3.25mm and I set about asking the question in my favorite Ravelry Forum, What's the best way to make socks, with dpns or circular needles? I was given some great advice and as I already had the dpns I'd better practice with those to see if I actually enjoyed knitting in the round.

I was told that making a pair of socks as my first project would be quite a challenge and maybe I should start with fingerless gloves. That's a great idea, I thought! I need some as my little hands get cold when I'm crocheting, knitting or typing on here.

I clicked my way over to youtube and found a great little video on working with dpns.

Here's a picture of what i did in two rounds. Pretty good isn't it :D




I'm surprised out how easy it is to work in the round. I'm going to make a pair of fingerless gloves very soon :D

No comments: