Friday 16 April 2010

Cals a go go!

After my success with my first freeform cal, I've taken the plunge and signed up to a couple more cals (crochet alongs), I saw a couple, more like many!!! What have I let myself in for. I hope I can cope! I'm happy to be taking part in an ongoing crochet/knit along called knit a square, where each 8" square made goes to South Africa and sewn together to make warm blankets for orphans. If you'd like to find out more just click on the link, a contribution, no matter how small is grateful. If you can't knit or crochet you can donate. This helps the running costs and wages for the people who sew these squares together, thus helping the community as a whole.


I've also signed up to take part in another freeform cal on Ravelry and a tiny whale/daffodile cal. I really loved making my first freeform and didn't want the party to end so in starting a new freeform cal, I'm keeping in touch with the friends I've made and the laughter can continue. Anyways... I think they might miss me :D

I've made one of PlanetJune's Tiny Whales already but I really love them and the more the merrier as they say. You can't just make one.

1 comment:

Ellie said...

Aw I love the teeny whale!! and well done on the CALs I need to crack on with more of my wips before "Cal"ing some more but the bug has definately bitten me!! I have also been inspired by your posting about the Knit a Square so will be joining you on that one stash busting for a worthy cause!! Yay!!